Friday, July 21, 2006

TMNT Trailer

Apple has the new teaser trailer up for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.



While it is just a teaser trailer and something we really shouldn't judge the final project by, here are my initial thoughts:

1. As a fan of the original comic book series, I was hoping the movie would lean towards the dark and serious tone that the comic books often displayed, and not the slapstick nature of the horrible Saturday morning cartoon. The turtle falling into the dumpster makes me think they're leaning towards the latter, which worries me a bit.

2. The animation and artwork look great. I like the models, especially the heads, and the textures look great as well.

3. I wish the voices were a little more serious. I know we only hear what I am assuming is Donatello, but the voice sounds really lame.

Grab yourself a pizza and watch the trailer here!

And feel free to voice your opinion in the comments section.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh memories... Of kids going into the sewers to find the turtles...

I always enjoyed the first movie.

I believe the voice is Michelangelo who falls into the dumpster. The comedian of the group.

I'm impressed they are making a new movie. I didn't think the franchise was doing all that well. Even with the new stuff.

Dave Johnson said...

Crap... you're totally right... no idea why I typed Donatello.

I came from such a small town that we didn't even have sewers. I would have had to hunt for my turtles in a septic tank, which would have been even worse!

Anonymous said...

TMNT!

Now, conviently located in a septic tank near you!