Wednesday, July 12, 2006

BY DAVE: Monkey Wang!

Though he's not sewn together, and only has half a chin of stubble, here is the latest Monkey model.



He also has junk, and I deeply apologize to anyone who is offended by that. I didn't make it too graphic, it's really just a "nub" if you will.

He still needs lots of tweaking to smooth up his head some, and I've got to do some work on the front of his feet. I didn't model toes for him due to the fact that he will always be wearing shoes, or at the very least a pair of socks. I've also got to add a belly button at some point, as well as a pair of butt cheeks.

Oh the joy of modeling!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So that's, ummm, what it's like to be hung like a "monkey"?

I advocate fully, clothe the monkey!

Dave Johnson said...

Ha!

Though it was totally by accident, it's pretty crazy how the lighting actually draws your eye to that location.

My plan is to finish the model, then texture the nude Monkey, and then begin building clothes, which will probably begin with a shirt. So as much as I hate to say it, you've probably got a bit of a wait before Monkey can be viewed as "family friendly."

You say it's disgusting... but I say it's ART! ;)

Dave Johnson said...

Oops... signed in under the wrong name there. That post above... yeah... that was me.

I R DUM

Anonymous said...

Now when doing a 3D model. Why do the whole thing if it's just going to be clothed?

And where's his trademark beer? I don't recognize him without it.

Dave Johnson said...

Not to be confused with the Animation Mentor school, I too have a mentor here at my work who is an art director. When I asked him if I should model Monkey and then models clothes for him, or if I should model the clothes as a part of his model, he asked for the former.

I think overall it just gives you many more possibilties down the road for changing his clothes. Like what if I wanted to put him in swim trunks at the beach? If I hadn't fully modeled his upper body, I couldn't do that without some extra work.

The wang was just a joke, and will probably be removed, once he has clothes, so that it doesn't randomly poke through his pants.

None of us would want that!