Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Team Fortress 2

Working in the games industry myself, I really don't post a lot of game art on this site. It's not that I don't care for it or anything like that, but I work around it all day, and so I prefer to focus on the film industry with this little blog instead.

That being said, there are things like the following video which simply can't be passed up:



What you have just witnessed (if you watched the clip) is a character montage for Valve's upcoming "Team Fortress 2" that was just announced. Way back in the day, I worked for Sierra (who published Valve's previous titles) and we always got calls and emails about when Team Fortress 2 would be released. There were even some screenshots that made it out and a couple of videos. I can tell you they looked NOTHING like what is in the video above, and I for one couldn't be happier.

The clip above shows an amazing art style not seen in a lot of games. The characters almost look like a mixture of "The Incredibles" and a war game.

Now obviously it's hard to tell about any kind of gameplay from the clip, but since it's Valve it's probably going to be pretty darn good.

Bravo to the folks at Valve for stepping out with something new and fresh, in terms of art style, rather than just another FPS.

I can't wait!

No comments: