Saturday, July 22, 2006

I've been MySpaced

I'll warn you now that this post really has nothing to do with 3D animation...

So at the tail end of one of my posts yesterday, I mentioned that I wasn't on MySpace and didn't understand why everyone was. From what I understand, that was pretty much like saying that I didn't understand the appeal of breathing. I got more than a couple emails telling me that MySpace was not just a place to meet horny young people, but could also be a great resource for networking inside and outside of the art world.

So I signed up. Frankly, the thing that appealed most to me was one of the emails that said at very least I could sign up and use it to track bands.

So I think the kids these days are "adding friends" or "making friends" or something... I don't understand the interwebs at all. But if you'd like to visit my MySpace page, which has some of my 2D artwork and such, feel free.

http://www.myspace.com/my3dave


My awesome new MySpace avatar.


Tomorrow I'm thinking about getting in on the ground floor of this new thing called "email."

I'll let you know how that goes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to your new addiction!

And I realy dig the new avatar!

Dave Johnson said...

But see, that's what I don't get. I've made the page, but where is the addiction? What part am I supposed to be addicted to?

Most of what I'm saying is tongue in cheek, in that I know how to "add friends" and things, but I honestly still can't figure out why it's so popular. I'm not saying I couldn't be addicted to it, or that it's a horrible site for dumb people or anything like that at all. I'm just wondering if I'm missing some big part of it.

Anonymous said...

I hear you completely.. I have a site. The only reason I have so called site. Was so I could check all my friends who actually have a sites and update them frequently.

Alas, I also don't understand the need to have one. I guess they are just a free way of having your own website. To talk to people across the country..