Thursday, July 20, 2006

New Flushed Away Trailer and Site

Flushed Away now has an updated site that you can wander around in.



From the front page of the site, you can also view the brand new Moviefone trailer, that runs just a little over 2 minutes in length.

The more I see of this film, the more I can't help but feel as though it's missing some of the charm that some of the other Aardman films have, and I think (as much as I hate to say it) that this is due to the fact that it's CG instead of clay.

There is just something about knowing that the characters are actual physical things, rather than generated on a computer screen, that just can't be changed. It's one thing if a style begins with computers, because your mind associates it as being the norm, but when something like the Aardman clay style is mimicked using computer graphics, my brain just keeps telling me that something doesn't look right.

If the film has the standard Aardman charm, in terms of humor, which it looks like it does, I'm sure it will be more than enjoyable, but even coming from a guy who loves computer animation to death, I wish they would have stuck with the "if it ain't broke don't model it on a computer" philosophy.

Make your own judgment by swinging over to the site and having a look at the trailer!

No comments: