Monday, July 31, 2006

Happy Feet Trailer and Poster

Moviefone has posted the trailer for the upcoming Warner Bros Penguin flick, Happy Feet.



Click here for the trailer.

Personally, I'm not too excited about this film. It looks well done, in terms of the fact that the team has managed to very accurately recreate the penguins and their environment, but that isn't what I necessarily want from my animated films.

I was just watching the making of short on the "Finding Nemo" DVD last night, and one of the team members was saying that they gave their art team 3 or 4 shots from the film and asked them to reproduce them on the computer. The team returned with some stunning shots, which are shown side by side with the live action footage, and it's difficult to tell which is which. However that same team member then goes on to say that the shots looked too real and they then had to scale them back to make them more of the environment that someone would expect from the film.

Happy Feet, at least to me, falls into this category of looking "too real." I want the cartoony squash and stretch and anticipation. Additionally I'd like to see a bigger color palette. I know that's tough with a landscape made mostly of snow and ice, but to me the film almost seems black and white at times (no penguin pun intended).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that's a star studded cast.