Thursday, July 06, 2006

BY DAVE: 3 Sides To Every Monkey

Not too long ago, I drew a moderately successful comic by the name of "Dog Complex." You can find the archives over this way. I use the term "moderately successful" because I had a pretty large number of readers and was even offered a syndication contract through Universal Press Syndicate and their UComics.com site. I stopped drawing it for a number of reasons, one of which was to once again turn my focus to the world of 3D.

So one of my first 3D tasks is going to be to model one of the old characters from my strip. His name is Monkey, and he's got a head shaped like an overgrown mutant cashew.



I just started on the model tonight, but as you can see, I've already got a pretty decent start. I went ahead and mirrored the half I was working on, so that you could get a better look at his entire head. Still some stuff to work on for sure, but he's shaping up pretty well.

Oh, and here's an old strip with Monkey in it for reference:



See... and you just thought I modeled his head wrong. ;)

No comments: