Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Introducing 5 Fast!


I've got a few 10 Quick Interviews in the bag and ready to be posted each and every Thursday (as long as artists continue to agree to answer my dumb questions!)

That being said, I think it's important to also see things from the other side of the fence, which is why I'm starting up "5 Fast." It works just the same as 10 Quick, only it's 5 questions with budding artists who have a demo reel but no job. Think of it as a place for those just starting out to highlight their work for everyone to see.

Now some may be saying, "But, Dave, if you're going to be trying to get a job in this same industry down the road, isn't it kind of silly to highlight the work of others that may be better than your own?"

My answer is simple: Seeing the work of others, whether it's better than mine or not, not only shows me where my bar needs to be, but also inspires me a great deal.

You should never intentionally hide your competition, but should instead embrace it and use it as a motivational tool. Afterall, the end product is what's important, and you never know what you might learn from the work of others.

The one thing I do ask is, if at all possible, please have your demo reel on YouTube.com so that I can post the embedded link here. I want people to be able to view it on this site as they read your answers. This is certainly not a make or break request, but it sure would be helpful if possible.

So if you have a reel and don't mind answering 5 fast questions, drop me a line at: davesj[at]gmail[dot]com

You never know who is watching!


Disclaimer: Please note that not all demo reels will be accepted. In the case of those that are accepted, the artist maintains all rights to the work contained in the reel and can remove it or edit it at any time.

No comments: