Friday, June 09, 2006

Cars!

Pixar's latest film hits theaters today!



I have to say that the film did little to excite me when I first saw the trailer a year or two back. To me it just felt like an extended Chevron commercial, and to me just didn't have that "Pixar spark" that their other films have. I remember the first time I saw the teaser for "The Incredibles" where he's trying to latch his belt, and it just made me laugh with glee.



The smacking of the desk is probably my favorite part of that thing.

Anyhoo... I didn't really get that from the teaser from "Cars."

Yet over the months leading up to the release, as I've seen more and more of the clips, I've started feeling much better about it, and can now say I'm actually pretty excited to see it with my wife this weekend. I'll try and post some kind of review of it on Monday.

Looks like it's sitting at a 72% over on Rotten Tomatoes right now. Not too shabby.

No comments: