Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Dave loses a job at Pixar in 6 easy poses!

I know this is a 2D post, and I did in fact post it over on my 2D Blog, but I think you can see why it applies to this site as well...

So this past week I stumbled upon a job posting at Pixar for a testing position that they currently have open. Having been in test for the past 6 years, I figured I'd throw my hat in the ring, and my mind begin to dance with the thoughts of working at Pixar. I'd work my way up from a tester and win over an animator or two who would take me under their wings, and in no time I'd be animating The Incredibles part 12!

Then I got the phone call from their HR department, and it went something like this:



If you can't tell from the drawing, here is a breakdown of each pose:

[Answering phone, thinking it's someone who has the wrong number] "Hello?"
"Oh! Hello! Why yes, this is the Dave Johnson that applied for the test position!"
"Oh... the position requires Linux experience?"
"Well no... I don't have that."
"I see... thank you too."
"Sigh."

But don't cry for me just yet folks. I've got a pretty good thing going on here in the Emerald City, and with a little bit of luck and some help from the right people, I may wind up animating The Incredibles part 12 after all someday.

Someday.

No comments: