Friday, June 30, 2006

BY DAVE: Jet Bike Redux (WIP)

So here is the update on the jet bike. I added in some geometry on the front cover, re-made the seat tray, added some foot pegs, and also made some brake handles as well as brake lines. It's funny because, just like the flames on the jet, I went in and spent quite a long time wrapping the brake lines around the handle bars and getting them just right, only to unhide the layer that the cover was on and realize that it covered up all about 5% of the lines.



Again, this bike was created by following a really nice DVD by Digital Tutors, which can be found by clicking here.

If you've never cracked open Maya before, or if you are like me and haven't touched it in a year or two, this is a great DVD that explains many of the key areas of Maya for you as you create various parts of the bike. Like me, you'll wind up using some of the techniques far more often than others, but it's nice to know that they are there, should you need them for any reason.

I'm not sure if I'll stop modeling on the bike for now or if I'll add more details to it. I'd like to add headlights of some sort eventually, and also some rivets and other bits and pieces. I've also got to slap some logos on the cover at some point.

As always, you'll see it when I do it!

Have a great weekend.

No comments: