Wednesday, June 28, 2006

BY DAVE: Jet Bike Update (WIP)

So I worked some more on the Digital Tutors DVD last night that I mentioned in a previous post. Since the DVD is intended as an intro of sorts to Maya, it touches on all forms of modeling, from extrusion, to lofting, to the sculpt geometry tool.

So for example, the front "shield" was created by extruding edges on a plane. The gas tank is a squished nurbs sphere, and the seat tray was done using the sculpt geometry tool.



I like this approach, but I will definitely go back in and remodel parts when I'm done with the DVD. Everytime I use the sculpt geometry tool, my models always come out looking really lumpy, no matter how much I smooth them.

So while the modeling portion of the DVD is done (I'm now moving on to texturing the bike), I'm certainly not finished with it. I plan to add little details like brake grips, rivets, and holes in the exhaust, among other things.

More updates as I make em'!

No comments: