Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Hotel Transylvania

From the fine folks over at Animated News comes the news of the upcoming Sony film "Hotel Transylvania."



The comedy Hotel Transylvania has been given the greenlight at Sony Pictures Animation, says Variety via Coming Soon. The project will be directed by Anthony Stacchi and David Feiss, while Michelle Murdocca will produce. Screenwriter Don Rhymer is penning the screenplay. Hotel Transylvania looks at "a group of classic monsters including Frankenstein, the Mummy, Dracula and the Werewolf who are hiding out in a hotel on the outskirts of Transylvania now that 21st century technology has seemingly made them irrelevant." The film is aiming for a 2009 due date, while Sony Pictures Animation remains busy with this fall's Open Season and next summer's Surf's Up.

The premise sounds intriguing and, if done well, could be a lot of fun!

So in other words, hopefully this one isn't another brain dead animated film that was wrapped too early and sucks, or it will leave me howling.

See what I did there? I made a Frankenstein/Mummy/Dracula/Werewolf pun, all in one sentence. I didn't say it was good... I just said I did it.

No comments: