Monday, August 21, 2006

Animation Mentor Student Blogs

Since today is somewhat of a slow news day, I wanted to post the links to two of my favorite animations from the recent Animation Mentor Student Reel.

The first is from David Sloss, who did the wonderful animation of the two guys in the office:



I can't quite place where the sound clip is from, but the guy on the right sounds like Jack Black. In any case, I love the facial expressions on the sleeping guy, as well as the way he spins around in his chair.

David's Blog


The second is from Deter Brown, who created my favorite animation from the student reel, using the voice of Guy from the film, "Galaxy Quest":



Not only do I love Guy as a character, but I also really like how Deter gave new life to him with his great animation. Again, while the body language is great, I think it's the facial expressions that really sold this one for me.

Deter's Blog

No comments: