Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Barnyard Review

I've decided to scrap my old format for reviewing movies as it was pretty long and drawn out. As most of you probably just skipped to the last paragraph to read my summary, my reviews will now be just that.

Barnyard is a decent movie. Don't walk into it expecting Pixar, Dreamworks or Sony and you won't walk out disappointed. Sure the premise is almost identical to "The Lion King," but it works well enough. There are some decent gags and a couple of scenes, like the pizza delivery, that make the film worth at least a matinee viewing. While I could have done without Courtney Cox, the rest of the cast does a decent job, though I do wish they would have allowed Kevin James more room to act as goofy as he normally does. I happened to go with 3 of my nieces, who are 15, 10 and 7, and they all loved it. So if you've got kids, they'll probably have a good time watching it too.

Final Score: 7.5 (out of 10)





No comments: