Thursday, September 21, 2006

John Lasseter to be Honored

According to The L.A. Times:

Animator honored: John Lasseter ("Toy Story," "Cars") will receive the 2006 lifetime achievement award from the Loyola Marymount University School of Film and Television during the school's Outside the Frame Festival on Oct. 9. Lasseter oversees animated films at Pixar and Disney Animation Studios.



Now I'm not sure if John went to the school or not, but I would have to assume that he did. If that is the case, then the Loyola Marymount University School of Film and Television should do two things:

1) Apologize to John for taking so damn long to honor him. I know it's a lifetime thing, but if the graduated from my school, I'd be giving him an award ever 5 minutes. Then, if I ran out of awards to give him, I'd give him an award for taking all of my school's awards.

2) They should shorten their name.

Congratulations to John on a well-deserved award.

No comments: