Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Animation Mentor Classes Begin Monday

Updates have been a bit sporadic as of late, but that really isn't due to lack of effort on my part. I continue to scan all of the major 3D news sites and magazines each day, as well as YouTube, hoping to find a neat little short or two to share with you. Frankly, there just hasn't been much. Keep checking back, because while the posts may have slowed down, as long as there are things to post, I'll try to get them on here in a timely fashion.

I'm always looking for submissions, so if you have something you think belongs on this blog, email me at davesj [at] gmail [dot] com, or add a comment and I'll get it posted!

On a much more personal note, my first quarter with Animation Mentor begins this Monday!



I couldn't be more excited if I tried. While I have mixed emotions over the fact that I'll have little to no social life for the next 2+ years, I couldn't be more thrilled for the opportunities that could arise from this training.

I signed in last night and set up my profile. Upon doing so, the first thing that I noticed is that, while the school is still very much in it's infant stages, the site is very well-designed. There are places to chat, post your work for critiques, get help, view and comment on the work of others, and connect in just about any way you can imagine.

Should be a lot of fun!

2 comments:

BrandonBeckstead said...

You are in for an amazing ride! I just finished the animation mentor program, this week. Nothing but good things to say. I hope you have your learning cap on! Good luck, and kick some butt!

Dave Johnson said...

Hey, thanks for the well wishes, Brandon, and congratulations on finishing up the program!