Sunday, October 15, 2006

Weekend Box Office Totals

The estimates are in from the box office this weekend. Who wants to see em'?



Of the Top 50 films, only two animated movies remain:

#4 Open Season - Weekend: $11,000,000 - Total: $59,154,000
#21 Barnyard - Weekend: $245,000 - Total: $72,093,000

No surprise by now, but it doesn't look like "Open Season" will not hit the golden $100 million mark at the box office, which is a shame. I would hope that Sony will still be happy with the numbers it does wind up bringing in (I'm guessing around $70-75 million), but I doubt we'll see a sequel.

Too bad, because if "The Grudge" can get a sequel, I'm pretty sure the cat poop I stepped in while getting my mail yesterday could even get a sequel.

Box Office Estimates via Box Office Mojo

No comments: