Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Pixar Tour

I don't know... I expected more when I read that MiceChat had a detailed account, including pictures, of a recent visit to Pixar.



What you get to see instead are pictures of the bathroom, the entrance and the lunchroom. The only difference is that there is Pixar artwork splashed about in the various locations. It's still neat to see for sure, but I'd much rather see the true inner-sanctum of Pixar where the artists and writers and other folks work. I don't need to see screenshots of top secret projects or anything, but I'm just saying that I'd much rather see an artist's cubicle than an artist's crapper.

Still, it's an interesting read and there are at least a couple of neat pictures.

Maybe I'm just jealous.

Pixar Tour on MiceChat

2 comments:

RayChase said...

Unfortunately Pixar doesn't allow pictures in the main productions areas like animation. Pretty much all you can photograph is the atrium, outside grounds...and huh.. toilets...

Dave Johnson said...

I had heard that, and it's a shame. Like I said, I'm not saying that they have to leave their monitors on or show any artwork from upcoming films, I just always think it's a real kick to see where artist's and writers and other creative types work. They do crazy things... like turn their cubes into pirate havens...