Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Slow News Day = Crappy Animation from Dave

It was a slow news day yesterday and today, so I figured I'd go ahead and post my own animation from my most recent project at Animation Mentor, since it's almost identical to what you'd find in a Pixar or Dreamworks film anyway.



A couple of things I want to make clear about this animation:

1) The walk up at the start of the 'mation is far too fast. We had a frame limit, so I really sped things up to fit it all in. I will be slowing this down some if the piece is ever included on any demo reels.

2) The guitar pops towards the end of the animation. This is my own dumb fault, as I made an adjustment to the animation with the guitar's visibility turned off, and then rendered out the scene before checking the animation with it turned back on. I'll be fixing this and posting an updated link later in the week.

If you folks have anything to say, good or bad, drop me a comment and let me know. I'm still learning, so critiques are always welcome.

UPDATE: The link below is now the updated version. The walk is still fast, but the pop at the end has been fixed.

Guitar Zero Animation

No comments: