Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I Want to Be Shrek

Well... I don't, but if I wanted to, I'd head over to the site where they're casting for the new Shrek Broadway play.



My favorite part of the casting call has to be the following:

DONKEY: 20s – 30s. A performer with a contemporary, urban edge and great humor. Joins Shrek on his journey to capture Princess Fiona. Seeking unique performers especially from slam poetry, comedy, Hip Hop worlds or clever actors with great comic skill.

Of course it never mentions that you have to have four legs and giant teeth. Not only that, but when you think of Eddie Murphy, do you think of anything close to "slam poetry" or "Hip Hop worlds"? There was a time when you might have, but I certainly don't think of that when I think of the character of Donkey.

I'll be interested to see how they pull this one off. Are they just going to have a guy in his Donkey suit walk around on two legs and recite slam poetry?

Shrek Casting Call

No comments: