Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Happy Feet Hits $99 Million In Two Weeks

Did anyone really see this one coming?



Having not seen the film myself, I can't speak on the quality of the story or art, but it just didn't seem that appealing to me from the previews. Now, according to the latest numbers from Box Office Mojo, I see the film has grossed $99 million so far at the US Box Office.

Is it the singing? Robin Williams? The Penguins? The snow? It's probably the fact that it doesn't star Whoopi Goldberg or Carrot Top, but don't quote me on that.

The simple fact is that CG movies have underperformed this year, at least by the past CG movie standards, and I don't think anyone could have predicted that "Happy Feet" would be the film to break the slump.

Congrats to the entire team at WB for having a huge hit on their hands.

Box Office Mojo's Weekend Box Office Totals

No comments: