Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Ben Stiller Reveals "Madagascar 2" Plot

From a quote over on I Watch Stuff, Ben Stiller has let the cat out of the bag for the "Madagascar" sequel.



"I think all the animals head back to New York on that plane that you know was up in the trees and then they crash in Africa and Alex gets reacquainted with his real family and it goes from there."

When I first read that I thought to myself, "Wow... that sounds kind of lame." However when you really think about it, what more could they do with this group of characters? You don't have Rocky go out and meet Meg Ryan and fall in love via email in a "Rocky" sequel. You have him beat the tar out of Meg Ryan in a boxing ring, but only after a lengthy music montage showing him training inside an active volcano.

The same goes for a film like "Madagascar." The audience for the sequel is going to expect a certain type of story arch, and it sounds like this will deliver exactly that.

I Watch Stuff

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved the 1st Madagascar can't wait for number 2 to come out