Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Animation Oscar Nominees Announced

The list of nominees for this year's Academy Awards have been announced, including the pictures up for Best Animated Feature Film.



The nominees for Best Animated Feature Film are
- Sony’s Persepolis - Marjane Satrapi and Vincent Paronnaud
- Disney/Pixar’s Ratatouille - Brad Bird
- Sony’s Surf’s Up - Ash Brannon and Chris Buck

While I think everyone expected "Ratatouille" to make the list (and most likely win), I was really pleased to see "Surf's Up!" make the cut, as I think the picture, and the team responsible for it, are both very worthy. Maybe this will spur a few more people to check the film out, in turn helping drive DVD sales and maybe persuading Sony to continue making animated features. "Open Season" and "Surf's Up!" are two of my most favorite animated films, and I can't wait to see what the group at Sony comes up with next.

As for Persepolis, I haven't seen it, and probably won't see it. That's not to say that it isn't worthy of the nomination, it just isn't my cup of tea. My cup of tea is a 32oz mug filled with Coke and Rum, with a crazy straw in it.

That's how I roll.

No comments: