Wednesday, November 07, 2007

One Froggy Evening

So according to Cartoon Brew, some Brazilian Graphic Design students got together and tried to recreate Chuck Jones' "One Froggy Evening" in 3D.



While I commend them on their efforts, I will say that it takes some brass knockers to try and recreate an animated masterpiece such as this. I think they did an overall decent job, but the minute I saw the way the animated the frog's mouth, I was done. I watched this cartoon a million times as a kid, and I guess it was just engrained in my brain that when he croaks, his mouth opens up just a bit on one side and then rolls to the other. It sounds picky, but as soon as I saw that, something in my head just wouldn't let me enjoy the piece for the technical accomplishment that it is.

Not only that, but the students only managed to finish 2 minutes. I would have thrown their computers back at them, called them all "hacks" and then demanded that they leave my classroom immediately.

Of course then the professor would have asked what I was doing in his classroom, and why I was throwing the expensive equipment around.

You can swing on over to Cartoon Brew to check out the original.

Cartoon Brew's coverage of One (CG) Froggy Evening

No comments: