Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Chris Renaud Interview

Animated Views has an interview up with Chris Renaud, co-Director of the Academy Award Nominated "No Time for Nuts."



AV: What would you say was the biggest challenge you faced in writing and co-directing the short?

CR: I think to me, and I think Mike would agree with this, the biggest trick is pacing, honestly. I think that’s kind of the language of film. We had a lot of ideas that we wanted to get in there, and a lot of gags. Just to get them all timed so we felt they were working, and also so a fresh audience could understand them - the sort of balancing the break-neck pace with the clarity - I think that was the biggest challenge we both faced in putting this together.


And unlike the Brad Bird interview I posted a link to yesterday, I'm pretty sure the above shot is actually a picture of Chris.

Chris Renaud Interview at Animated Views

No comments: